Using video marketing as a strategy to grow your business is a popular one in today’s digital age and for good reason. In 2019 (and very soon 2020) more and more consumers interact with videos on a regular basis. Whether it’s explainer videos, corporate videos or 2D animation that you’re thinking of putting together, it’s a step in the right direction.
In case you’re still not convinced, we’ve put together 50 video marketing statistics and trends that you should care about if you’d like to leverage on this strategy to grow your business through boosting lead gen, click-through rates and much more. Hopefully this will help you get the buy-in from relevant stakeholders in your organisation.
List of 50 Video Marketing Stats:
- Businesses that use video for their marketing efforts grow company revenue 49% faster, year-over-year, than organisations without. (Source: Vidyard)
- 79% of consumers would rather watch a video to learn about a product, than reading text on a page. (Source: Wyzowl)
- YouTube is the SECOND most popular search engine, in the world. (Source: Youtube)
- Forrester Research found that video increases the chance of a front-page Google result by 53 times! And considering only 10% of users look past the first page of search results, the first page is where you need to be! (Source: Forrester)
- Our Rise in Video infographic shows that videos are 4x more engaging than static content. (Source: Wyzowl)
- 20 MILLION videos are uploaded to Facebook each month (Source: Facebook)
- 39 BILLION videos are viewed per month in the U.S. That’s 211 videos viewed and 16 hours of time spent per person, per MONTH! (Source: Comscore)
- Mobile video traffic accounted for 55% of total mobile data traffic in 2015. This will increase elevenfold to 75% by 2020 (Source: Cisco)
- Networking manufacturer Cisco state that 86% of the Internet audience is watching online video – that’s 183 million people! (Source: Cisco)
- More than three-quarters (76%) of users have visited a company’s website after watching one of their video ads on social media.(Source: wyzowl)
- 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound. (Source: Digiday)
- Among millennials, YouTube accounts for two-thirds of the premium online video watched across ALL devices.(Source: Thinkwithgoogle)
- 99% of businesses will continue to use video throughout 2017. (Source:wyzowl)
- By 2025, half of the viewers under the age of 32 will not subscribe to a pay-TV service.(Source: Thinkwithgoogle)
- Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-through rates.(Source: Hubspot)
- It would take an individual more than 5 million years to watch the amount of video that will cross global IP networks each month in 2020. (Source: Cisco)
- Snapchatters watch 10 billion videos a day. (Source: Adweek)
- In 1956, video recorders were sold for $50,000 and videotapes cost $300 per one-hour reel!
- Users trust their friends’ judgment when it comes to video ads. 69% say they’d be more likely to watch a video ad their friend had shared. (Source: WyzeOwl)
- The very first music video to appear on MTV was ‘Video Killed the Radio Star’ by The Buggles.
- 80% of users can recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days.(Source: Hubspot)
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video. (Source: mwpdigitalmedia)
- 83% of businesses believe that video gives them a good ROI. (Source: Wyzowl)
- The most popular YouTube channel (at the time of writing this article) is PewDiePie with 55,400,744 subscribers. (Source: PewDiePie)
- 72% of businesses who use video believe that it has improved the conversion rate of their website. (Source: Wyzowl)
- Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds (Animoto)
- It was found that 76% of marketers plan to add videos to their sites and video is now a higher priority than Facebook, Twitter, and their blog. (Social Media Examiner)
- When asked which skills they wished they, or their teams, were more adept at, 42.4% of marketers and 31.7% of SMB owners listed video marketing. (Animoto)
- A staggering 98% of users say they’ve watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service. (Source: Wyzowl)
- By 2019, global consumer Internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic (Source: SmallBizTrends)
- 55% of people watch videos online every day (Source: MWP).
- 65% of video viewers watch more than ¾ of a video.
- 4 out of 5 consumers believe that demo videos are more helpful (Source: Animoto)
- 4x as many customers would rather watch a video about a product that read about it (Source: Animoto).
- Snapchatters watch 10 billion videos a day (Source: AdWeek).
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter (Source: Bloomberg).
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users (Source: VidYard).
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI (Source: Syndacast).
- 8 out of 10, 18-to-49-year-olds watch YouTube in an average month (Source: ThinkWithGoogle).
- 43% of marketers said they’d create more video content if there were no obstacles like time, resources, and budget (Source: Buffer).
- #2 Facebook generates 8 billion video views on average per day (Source: Social Media Today)
- Video users enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than marketers without video. (Source: Vidyard/Aberdeen)
- YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year (Source: Hubspot)
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others (Source: RendrFx)
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process (Source: Hubspot)
- Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80% (Source: Unbounce)
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online (Source: Hubspot)
- Three top-performing types of video content: Customer testimonials (51%); Tutorial videos (50%); Demonstration videos (49%) (Source: Curata)
- 67% of marketers found video marketing somewhat successful (Source: Digital Information World)
- People spend 3 times longer watching a live social video compared to one that has been pre-recorded (Source: Social Media Today)
That’s 50 of the most pressing trends and video marketing stats that just confirm that you need to start including these into your marketing efforts right now! If you ever face an impasse when trying to sell the idea to your partner or boss, refer back to this list of video marketing statistics to show them otherwise.
If you’re interested in putting together a cornerstone video to enhance your marketing efforts, drop us at MotionSauce line!
Did we miss any important stat? Leave us a comment below.
Latest posts by Jayden Soh (see all)
- A Beginner’s Guide To Video Production - May 6, 2018
- How to structure persuasive video content for your business - April 7, 2018
- How To Hire A Good Singapore Video Production Company - March 31, 2018